Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't Share My Coffin!

Here's the bonkers Moe Marcus / Rocco Mastroserio tale I promised to Phantom Phil... and FYI: I'll have more from Harvey Comics at the end of the month, including a very appropriate story to finish things off for April. Hope everyone is still with us and not put out by the temporarily dragging THOIA schedule, I promise to get things a little more on track this summer because there's definitely lots more horrors to come! Stay Creepy...

From the Oct. '52 issue of Black Cat Mystery #40







NEXT: Evil.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Vintage Ass Kicker ADs


7 comments:

Mike H said...

A great tale- I do loves me some Harveys... even the non-Powell stuff!

Anonymous said...

YEAH, DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT. I LIKE HOW THE STORY STARTS OFF CRAZY, AND THEN JUST GETS MORE AND CRAZY ON EACH PAGE.

CRAZY!!!!!

Prof. Grewbeard said...

i can't imagine jumping into a sea of sharks for ANY reason!

another good'un.

Mr. Cavin said...

While I'm afraid much of that splash illustration amounts to another "twist beginning", at least the story we're left with is actually less cliché than the one introduced. Also, the character arc of Scads' Hair is completely faithful to the preview we are given in that first panel.

And just what is Scads short for, anyway? Or in what way was that nick presumably earned?

Horror pariah said...

'Even--the--sharks--are--better'

I'm totally using that quote from now on if i see a crappy movie and am anywhere in the vicinity of an aquarium.

Great twist, and yeah, really neat idea putting in a misleadingly cliche splash panel.

This here's a good 'un folks, starring Jack Palance and Boris Karloff.

Unknown said...

I'm glad coffin-sharing has gone the way of flagpole-sitting.

Anonymous said...

It's like a weird-ass Melville plot, only written by a pressed-for-time Mickey Spillane! What could be better? This definitely was worth the wait.